Tuesday, February 3, 2009

How Expensive can Sponges BE?!?!?!?

Ok, for the first OFFICIAL post I will start with a minor pet peeve of ours. We have ONE co-worker who we dearly like. She is the sweetest woman who REFUSES to talk ill of ANYONE most of the time. That being said she is also VERY frugal! This is all fine and dandy at your own home, but when at work, and the boss is footing the bill, I think it is OKAY to be a bit extravagant. Case in point: SPONGES. We each have one day that we have to take care of the kitchen, cleaning dishes, making coffee and so on. In order to complete this task we have taken to using sponges...at one point we only were allowed to use paper towels, but that's a WHOLE other post entirely. I do the office supply ordering and ordered a few packages of sponges. They cost a whole $1.20/package of 4 (I feel this is a very important point).

This is how many sponges we have:






And this is what our sponges NOW look like:






For a comparison:







This dearly liked co-worker of ours has taken to CUTTING the sponges to save money...not her money...OFFICE money. Now, I would be all good with this if perhaps I had seen an increase in my salary from all of the saved money, but ALAS, I have not.



Now, I must ask...SERIOUSLY, HOW EXPENSIVE ARE SPONGES REALLY?!?!?



I also must add that ONE of us bloggers now refuses to do any dishes until the sponge situation is resolved. I will refrain from saying which one.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I hate that. Frugal with the bosses money? Never! Especially with sponges. I see, they're already cutting corners by having the women in the office serve as the cleaning people. Tight!

    ReplyDelete